Focus and Scope
As new technologies and therapeutic interventions are continually being developed, Ophthalmology has become a field of rapid change, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region, where disease patterns and health care delivery differ greatly from those seen in the West. Asian Journal of Ophthalmology was established in 1998, with the aim of disseminating information relevant to ophthalmology and glaucoma throughout Asia and to interested groups worldwide.
The objectives of Asian Journal of Ophthalmology are as follows:
- To provide a platform for the publication of information with a focus on ophthalmology in Asia.
- To disseminate information that will improve the care of patients with all types of ophthalmological disorders, with a special focus on glaucoma.
- To increase the understanding of such disorders through reporting of educational activities.
- To publish the results of research programmes to expand knowledge about the causes, prevention, and treatment of ophthalmological disorders.
- To work closely with Asian and international researchers to achieve these aims.
- To provide a forum for young and relatively inexperienced researchers to present their research via an international platform.
- To maintain and promote relationships with any organisation with similar goals.
Although the original focus of Asian Journal of Ophthalmology was on glaucoma, other topics relevant to the region have not been ignored, and currently submissions on all aspects of ophthalmology are welcome. The Editorial Board is keen to assist young and relatively inexperienced researchers in the region to present their research via an international platform.
Asian Journal of Ophthalmology is published four issues per year (quarterly) digitally. A selection of the best papers is published in print twice a year and distributed free of charge at congresses through Kugler Publications or partners.
Open Access Policy
Asian Journal of Ophthalmology provides immediate open access to its content, on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. There are no fees required to publish in the journal.